Saturday, April 9, 2011

Deer Madness!!

Well after an unsuccessful draw we decided that we were going to buy a leftover coues deer tag. We were hunting with some of our buddies Ernie and EJ. We hunted a few days with out getting close enough to get a shot on the bucks. On the 2nd day Ernie and EJ came down to help us. They live in Tucson and hunt this land alot so they knew some hot spots. The first day they were there they took my brother out and killed a buck that morning. The next day we went to the same spot they at were at yesterday and we hadn't been glassing for 15 seconds when my brother said I got deer .Unfortunately it was only 2 muley does. In the next 45 seconds EJ says I got a coues buck. As soon as we saw him we knew we had a shooter. We ranged him at 522 yards that was as close as we were going to get. I dialed up the turrets to 520 and let one fly I had shot just high. Now the buck was on the move. My 2nd shot was a hit but a little back but the buck was still moving I shot one more time and it was a perfect shot right in the shoulder he took a few more steps and fell. Then we started celebrating and taking pictures. Here is my buck scoring in at 93 and half inchs.


No comments:

Post a Comment